Tuesday 15 May 2012

Thing 1: Blogs and blogging

Task 1: Create blog. Tick!
Task 2: Write a post for your blog. Aahh, a little more complicated!! I now have to put my thoughts into coherent sentences!

Well, as the title of this blog suggests, I am a music librarian. I've decided to try and do cpd23 because I saw a presentation about it last year and thought it was a really good idea but never quite got round to doing it! This year, I am determined (although the fact that I'm already a week behind doesn't bode well)!! I also realised that I have very little idea what a lot of the things on the cpd23 schedule are, so I'm excited to find out. I don't know whether it's because of the type of Library that I work in, but our online presence is limited to a Facebook page. To some people this might seem incredulous, but as yet I don't know what the benefits of a "Librarian's blog" or twitter would be, and this is something that I'm hoping to find out about over the coming weeks.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh-hoo, found another music librarian! Great stuff. Greetings from Glasgow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I'm just starting my library career and am interested to hear the perspective of a music librarian. Hope you enjoy the programme!

    ReplyDelete